MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Prosecutors have charged a southwestern Wisconsin father with killing his unborn child in a fire he allegedly set to wipe out his family.
According to court documents, Armin Wand III and his brother, Jeremy Wand, set a fire in Armin Wand's Argyle home in September in hopes of killing Armin Wand's pregnant wife and their four children.
Armin Wand's three sons perished in the fire. His wife managed to rescue their 2-year-old daughter but suffered injuries that family members said killed her unborn child.
The brothers face a host of charges, including multiple homicide counts and arson. State Justice Department attorneys added a count of first-degree intentional homicide of an unborn child against both of them on Nov. 15.
They're set to be arraigned Wednesday.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks