MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Prosecutors have charged a southwestern Wisconsin father with killing his unborn child in a fire he allegedly set to wipe out his family.
According to court documents, Armin Wand III and his brother, Jeremy Wand, set a fire in Armin Wand's Argyle home in September in hopes of killing Armin Wand's pregnant wife and their four children.
Armin Wand's three sons perished in the fire. His wife managed to rescue their 2-year-old daughter but suffered injuries that family members said killed her unborn child.
The brothers face a host of charges, including multiple homicide counts and arson. State Justice Department attorneys added a count of first-degree intentional homicide of an unborn child against both of them on Nov. 15.
They're set to be arraigned Wednesday.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial