MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Police from around Wisconsin will converge on Madison this week to add the names of five more officers to the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Memorial.
The 23rd Annual Wisconsin Law Enforcement Memorial Ceremony is set for noon Friday at the memorial on the state Capitol grounds.
The officers to be enshrined include Wauwatosa Police Officer Jennifer L. Sebena, who was shot to death on Christmas Eve. Also on the docket are Milwaukee County Sheriff's deputies William Wank, shot in 1915 while chasing two fugitives in a train yard; Frank Heup, whose motorcycle crashed into a buggy in 1915 during a pursuit; George Pazik, whose motorcycle crashed into a streetcar in 1917 during another pursuit; and Sergio Aleman, who crashed into a wrecker on Interstate 43 last year.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals