BAYFIELD, Wis. (AP) - A mother convicted in a traffic crash that killed her 2-year-old daughter has been sentenced in Bayfield County to prison time.
Chelsea Cadotte was given 2 1/2 years behind bars Monday for the death of Mariah Gordon and critical injuries to three other children in her SUV, none of whom were wearing safety restraints.
WDIO-TV reports Cadotte was also ordered to speak to the community about the dangers of letting children ride without restraints once she leaves prison. Cadotte crashed her Chevy Blazer just north of Washburn in July 2012.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls