BAYFIELD, Wis. (AP) - A mother convicted in a traffic crash that killed her 2-year-old daughter has been sentenced in Bayfield County to prison time.
Chelsea Cadotte was given 2 1/2 years behind bars Monday for the death of Mariah Gordon and critical injuries to three other children in her SUV, none of whom were wearing safety restraints.
WDIO-TV reports Cadotte was also ordered to speak to the community about the dangers of letting children ride without restraints once she leaves prison. Cadotte crashed her Chevy Blazer just north of Washburn in July 2012.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser