MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is reminding returning Iraq veterans they're eligible for a one-time free outdoors license.
A new state law makes vouchers available for state residents who served on active duty in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom eligible for a free small game, archery deer, gun deer or fishing license. The vouchers must be redeemed within a year of discharge.
Veterans interested in such licenses should start by contacting the state Department of Veterans Affairs to determine their eligibility.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East