TOWN OF BRIGHAM, Wis. (AP) - A 58-year-old Waunakee man has collapsed and died while deer hunting in Iowa County.
The Iowa County sheriff's office says Fred Laufenberg was pronounced dead at the scene in a field in the Town of Brigham.
The Capital Times reports Laufenberg had walked with his son about three-quarters of a mile off the roadway into a field when he collapsed Monday.
Authorities believe he died of cardiac arrest. An autopsy was scheduled Tuesday.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline