TOWN OF BRIGHAM, Wis. (AP) - A 58-year-old Waunakee man has collapsed and died while deer hunting in Iowa County.
The Iowa County sheriff's office says Fred Laufenberg was pronounced dead at the scene in a field in the Town of Brigham.
The Capital Times reports Laufenberg had walked with his son about three-quarters of a mile off the roadway into a field when he collapsed Monday.
Authorities believe he died of cardiac arrest. An autopsy was scheduled Tuesday.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion