TOWN OF BRADLEY, Wis. (AP) -- A 73-year-old bus driver is suspected of falling asleep behind the wheel and crashing his coach bus in Lincoln County last week.
The crash happened around 6 a.m. Wednesday on U.S. Highway 8 in the Town of Bradley.
The driver told a deputy a tire on the bus blew, causing him to go into the ditch. However, passengers on the bus said the driver fell asleep and when they yelled at him to wake up, he went off the road.
WSAW-TV (http://bit.ly/Wt1QYY ) reports deputies are waiting for statements before deciding on any possible action against the driver.
All of the passengers on the bus were adults. No one was hurt.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing