TOWN OF BRADLEY, Wis. (AP) -- A 73-year-old bus driver is suspected of falling asleep behind the wheel and crashing his coach bus in Lincoln County last week.
The crash happened around 6 a.m. Wednesday on U.S. Highway 8 in the Town of Bradley.
The driver told a deputy a tire on the bus blew, causing him to go into the ditch. However, passengers on the bus said the driver fell asleep and when they yelled at him to wake up, he went off the road.
WSAW-TV (http://bit.ly/Wt1QYY ) reports deputies are waiting for statements before deciding on any possible action against the driver.
All of the passengers on the bus were adults. No one was hurt.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather