MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The Legislature's finance committee is set to hold the first of four public hearings on Gov. Scott Walker's executive budget this week.
The Joint Finance Committee is scheduled to convene at Greendale High School on Thursday morning. Attendees will get a chance to voice their thoughts about Walker's spending plan.
The other three hearings are scheduled for April 8 at Lambeau Field, April 10 at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells and April 18 at Baldwin-Woodville High School in Baldwin.
The committee then will return to the state Capitol in Madison and begin making revisions to the budget. That process likely will take weeks. Once the committee finishes its work, it will forward the budget to the full Legislature for a vote.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse