MADISON, Wis. (AP) - The Legislature's finance committee is set to hold the first of four public hearings on Gov. Scott Walker's executive budget this week.
The Joint Finance Committee is scheduled to convene at Greendale High School on Thursday morning. Attendees will get a chance to voice their thoughts about Walker's spending plan.
The other three hearings are scheduled for April 8 at Lambeau Field, April 10 at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells and April 18 at Baldwin-Woodville High School in Baldwin.
The committee then will return to the state Capitol in Madison and begin making revisions to the budget. That process likely will take weeks. Once the committee finishes its work, it will forward the budget to the full Legislature for a vote.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting