TOWN OF WINTER, Wis. (AP) - Authorities have identified an 84-year-old man whose body was found in the ruins of a Christmas Day fire in northern Wisconsin.
Investigators found the body of Harold Kingery two days after extinguishing the fire that destroyed his home in the Town of Winter.
The Sawyer County sheriff's office said Monday the fire apparently started with a heater in the home. The Duluth News Tribune says the cause of Kingery's death and the cause of the fire are not suspicious.
The Winter Fire Department responded to the fire around 10 p.m. on Dec. 25 and received help from other departments.
The Wisconsin State Fire Marshal's office assisted in the investigation.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks