TOWN OF WINTER, Wis. (AP) - Authorities have identified an 84-year-old man whose body was found in the ruins of a Christmas Day fire in northern Wisconsin.
Investigators found the body of Harold Kingery two days after extinguishing the fire that destroyed his home in the Town of Winter.
The Sawyer County sheriff's office said Monday the fire apparently started with a heater in the home. The Duluth News Tribune says the cause of Kingery's death and the cause of the fire are not suspicious.
The Winter Fire Department responded to the fire around 10 p.m. on Dec. 25 and received help from other departments.
The Wisconsin State Fire Marshal's office assisted in the investigation.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.