LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The snow on the ground is hopefully a good sign for next month's Winter Rec Fest.
On Monday, organizers unveiled the button designs. The 28th annual event put on by the City of La Crosse features a variety of winter activities and a few others you may not expect.
Some events were canceled last year because of a lack of snow. Organizers are hoping to avoid that his year and give everyone the family-friendly event promised.23525820
"Anybody can come in, if you just heard about it, you want to do it, come out and try it, it's something that's fun," Parks and Recreation Director Jared Flick said. "There'll be people out there that will have experience doing it and they'll show you how and what to do."
The medallion hunt is the first event, starting January 15. For more information, visit the City of La Crosse Parks and Recreation Department's website.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration