LA CROSSE, Wis. - The Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found.
The La Crosse Parks and Recreation Department says Paul Hoch found the medallion at the main library in the pine shrub, near the north end of the building.
Hoch found the medallion Sunday morning with the help from his son and daughter. He's been following the clues from the beginning and a reference to books led him to the library. But once he was there, finding the medallion wasn't easy.
"I looked underneath that side of the bush and I didn't find it so I basically crawled around the library on my hands and knees, all the way around the library looking under all the bushes, and all the shrubs and all the benches, came back to that same bush that I had checked first and I looked under the other side of it and it was there, so, I took the long road to get to it," Hoch said.
He wins $500 because he was wearing his fest button when he turned the medallion in and a plaque.
Hoch isn't new to medallion hunts. He also found the Oktoberfest Medallion in 2011.18255858
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests