BRILLION, Wis. (AP) - A 25-year-old Windsor woman has been chosen as Wisconsin's 66th Alice in Dairyland.
The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture says Kristin Natzke Olson was selected on Friday night after a three-day competition. She will spend the next year promoting the state's agriculture industry.
Olson is a rural Fond du Lac native, and is a 2010 life sciences communications graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
She currently works as the dairy advertising coordinator for Accelerated Genetics in Dane County.
She'll officially begin her new duties on June 3, and will receive a $40,000 state-paid salary.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest