BRILLION, Wis. (AP) - A 25-year-old Windsor woman has been chosen as Wisconsin's 66th Alice in Dairyland.
The Wisconsin Department of Agriculture says Kristin Natzke Olson was selected on Friday night after a three-day competition. She will spend the next year promoting the state's agriculture industry.
Olson is a rural Fond du Lac native, and is a 2010 life sciences communications graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
She currently works as the dairy advertising coordinator for Accelerated Genetics in Dane County.
She'll officially begin her new duties on June 3, and will receive a $40,000 state-paid salary.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting