LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Wisconsin hunter's bundled up to take part in the gun deer hunting opening day.
Hunters started the 9-day hunt early this morning in hopes of tagging a buck early.
According to the Department of Natural Resources, more than 600,000 hunters bought gun licenses this year.
All hunters must tag and register any deer they shoot with the Wisconsin DNR.
And despite the cold weather one hunter did have luck, shooting his first deer.
"It was really fun. I was really excited when I got it. I wounded it and it ran away so I wasn't sure if I got it but I was happy that I did," said hunter Ethan Hundt.
The gun deer hunting season ends Dec. 1.23127756
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US