LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Stepping outside Monday was a welcome feeling after the lengthy winter, but that also means allergy season is around the corner.
Allergy Associates of La Crosse says the start of the season is a waiting game.
Right now, they can't predict exactly when or how bad the allergens will be.
However, if the temperatures warm up too quickly, it could be bad news for allergy sufferers. "If we wind up with a very sudden, very warm spring season, the ground melt adds to helping the plants grow, we may have a very high pollen season," said Dr. George Kroker from Allergy Associates.
Kroker recommends over the counter drugs and nasal sprays for most allergy sufferers as the season begins.
However, if it gets worse than usual, patients should discuss other options with medical providers.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting