LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Stepping outside Monday was a welcome feeling after the lengthy winter, but that also means allergy season is around the corner.
Allergy Associates of La Crosse says the start of the season is a waiting game.
Right now, they can't predict exactly when or how bad the allergens will be.
However, if the temperatures warm up too quickly, it could be bad news for allergy sufferers. "If we wind up with a very sudden, very warm spring season, the ground melt adds to helping the plants grow, we may have a very high pollen season," said Dr. George Kroker from Allergy Associates.
Kroker recommends over the counter drugs and nasal sprays for most allergy sufferers as the season begins.
However, if it gets worse than usual, patients should discuss other options with medical providers.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years