LA CROSSE, WI - Summer is over for students at Western Technical College. Classes officially started Thursday.
Students are returning to a big change. The college is switching to a trimester system. There is also a lot of construction on campus.
President Lee Rasch was on hand to help answer questions for new and returning students.
There was also an ice cream social so staff could introduce themselves to the student body. "This is what we're all about and when we see students coming back and greet the faculty that are back again in full swing, it's why we're here," said Rasch.
The construction on campus is part of a 79-million dollar referendum passed by voters last November.
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls