LA CROSSE, WI - Summer is over for students at Western Technical College. Classes officially started Thursday.
Students are returning to a big change. The college is switching to a trimester system. There is also a lot of construction on campus.
President Lee Rasch was on hand to help answer questions for new and returning students.
There was also an ice cream social so staff could introduce themselves to the student body. "This is what we're all about and when we see students coming back and greet the faculty that are back again in full swing, it's why we're here," said Rasch.
The construction on campus is part of a 79-million dollar referendum passed by voters last November.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser