LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Western Technical College is one of 12 intuitions selected into the Achieving the Dream National Reform Network.
Achieving the Dream, Inc. is a national nonprofit, non-governmental reform network that works with more than 200 institutions to help college students have a better chance at achieving their dreams.
Each new college is committed to the Achieving the Dream Student-Centered Model of Institutional Improvement to help students, particularly low-income students and students of color, stay in school and earn a college certificate or degree.
"This partnership will play a key role in Western's ability to reach Vision 2020 goal of serving 1,000 more students by 2020," Western Technical College President Lee Rasch said in a statement. "Achieving the Dream can help us understand how to better leverage our data and make more informed decisions."
This is the 10th year the Achieving the Dream National Reform Network has worked with colleges across the country to improve student success and completion rates, said Achieving the Dream President and CEO William E. Trueheart. "Western represents a diverse group of students whose success means much more than just a personal goal secured. It means improved skills, better employability, and economic growth for their community and our nation as a whole."
Here are the most recent colleges that are now a part of the Achieving the Dream National Reform Network:
- Calhoun Community College (AL)
- Cowley College (KS)
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College (GA)
- Grayson College (TX)
- Mohawk Valley Community College (NY)
- North Georgia Technical College (GA)
- Savannah Technical College (GA)
- West Georgia Technical College (GA)
- West Hills College Lemoore (CA)
- West Kentucky Community & Technical College (KY)
- Western Technical College (WI)
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charges following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income