LA CROSSE, Wis. - As more students enroll at Western Technical College, the need for parking grows.
A group of consultants hired by the college, presented findings Monday of a traffic and parking study to city officials. The findings included use of all the stalls on the college's lots and nearby street parking.
Western is planning to add 1,000 more students by 2020 and wanted to have data behind what they're hearing from the students, like a need for more parking during peak class time.19374564
"If we could have a better balance with how we're scheduling our classes that we could not have as many peak times and spread the parking out during the day," said Western's V.P. of Finance and Operations Mike Pieper.
Western will be building a 300 space parking ramp starting in June. If needed, it could be expanded with about 250 more spots.
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- GOP gets in lockstep in looming budget fight with Dayton
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 motorcyclists
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline