LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some Western Technical College students are dishing out some food for thought.
The local chapter of Phi Theta Kappa hosted a special banquet Thursday night.
They provided meals that represent a different level of food security in La Crosse County. That means some people enjoyed Hamburger Helper while others savored Beef Medallions with Couscous.
"We just want to make an awareness. This time of year you see a lot of bell ringers and food pantry donation bins, we just want to create an awareness on why that stuff is important to donate to," said Phi Theta Kappa's Vice President of Service Heather Wantoch.
Proceeds from the dinner benefit the Hunger Task Force of La Crosse.23464322
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff