LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some Western Technical College students are dishing out some food for thought.
The local chapter of Phi Theta Kappa hosted a special banquet Thursday night.
They provided meals that represent a different level of food security in La Crosse County. That means some people enjoyed Hamburger Helper while others savored Beef Medallions with Couscous.
"We just want to make an awareness. This time of year you see a lot of bell ringers and food pantry donation bins, we just want to create an awareness on why that stuff is important to donate to," said Phi Theta Kappa's Vice President of Service Heather Wantoch.
Proceeds from the dinner benefit the Hunger Task Force of La Crosse.23464322
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial