LA CROSSE, Wis. - Dozens of Western Tech students learn how to "Get that Job."
An annual event at the college featured panels, roundtables, and presentations from a number of local businesspeople, many of whom are Western alumni.
The students learned resume tricks, tough interview questions, and how to make a good first impression.
A lot of the tips were simple such as correct spelling and grammar in cover letters. Other lessons were a bit tougher to hear. "I understand that some of them coming out of school have a management degree, it's not necessarily going to mean they're going to get a management position right out of school, but they do have to be open to some entry level positions and be realistic," said Western alum and current H.R. Generalist at Logistics Health Jessica Church.
About 180 students attended the fourth year for the event.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Court upholds order for fingerprint to unlock cellphone