LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Western Technical College students will soon have an easier time finding parking around campus.
Construction workers are about two months away from finishing the parking ramp.
As it nears completion, roads like Badger Street between 7th and 8th Streets will see closures. The ramp is replacing a 100 parking spot lot with 300 stalls. It was needed as Western hopes to add 1,000 students by 2020.
Once construction is finished, there will be one small detail that will have to wait until Spring.
"The only thing that where we're really going to have to do a temporary solution is on the striping, because it just doesn't work that well to paint in the winter," said Mike Pieper, Vice President of Finance and Operations at Western Technical College.
The ramp can be expanded by an additional 250 spots. That's not expected to happen in the near future.23045706
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death