LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Western Technical College students will soon have an easier time finding parking around campus.
Construction workers are about two months away from finishing the parking ramp.
As it nears completion, roads like Badger Street between 7th and 8th Streets will see closures. The ramp is replacing a 100 parking spot lot with 300 stalls. It was needed as Western hopes to add 1,000 students by 2020.
Once construction is finished, there will be one small detail that will have to wait until Spring.
"The only thing that where we're really going to have to do a temporary solution is on the striping, because it just doesn't work that well to paint in the winter," said Mike Pieper, Vice President of Finance and Operations at Western Technical College.
The ramp can be expanded by an additional 250 spots. That's not expected to happen in the near future.23045706
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals