COON VALLEY, Wis. -- A Westby teen is injured after his motorcycle collided with a deer Tuesday afternoon.
The accident happened around 4:05 p.m. Tuesday in the Township of Viroqua on East Coon Prairie Road, west of Melby Lane.
Seventeen-year-old Clayton J. Voehl was westbound on E. Coon Prairie Road when he struck the deer. According to the Vernon Co. Sheriff's Department, Voehl's motorcycle left the road, overturned and came to a rest in the ditch.
Clayton was transported to Vernon Memorial Hospital by Tri-State Ambulance with leg and chest injuries. He was later transported by Med Link Air to Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse.
The accident remains under investigation by the Vernon Co. Sheriff's Department.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather