COON VALLEY, Wis. -- A Westby teen is injured after his motorcycle collided with a deer Tuesday afternoon.
The accident happened around 4:05 p.m. Tuesday in the Township of Viroqua on East Coon Prairie Road, west of Melby Lane.
Seventeen-year-old Clayton J. Voehl was westbound on E. Coon Prairie Road when he struck the deer. According to the Vernon Co. Sheriff's Department, Voehl's motorcycle left the road, overturned and came to a rest in the ditch.
Clayton was transported to Vernon Memorial Hospital by Tri-State Ambulance with leg and chest injuries. He was later transported by Med Link Air to Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in La Crosse.
The accident remains under investigation by the Vernon Co. Sheriff's Department.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump