CHASEBURG, Wis. -- A senior-to-be at Westby High School is killed in a crash Sunday afternoon.
Seventeen-year-old Kylie Von Ruden was driving west on Dodson Hollow Road when she lost control of her vehicle on a soft road shoulder, Sheriff John Spears says.
Von Ruden's vehicle went airborne and hit a large tree. The Coon Valley Fire Department used the Jaws of Life to get Von Ruden out of the vehicle.15567046
Von Ruden was taken to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse where she died later from her injuries.
Spears says Von Ruden was wearing a seatbelt, and it does not appear that alcohol, drugs or speed were involved in the crash.
This is Vernon County's eighth fatal crash this year.
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals
- La Crosse County Health Department installs two needle drop off boxes in La Crosse
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government
- Quarry blast shakes ground throughout Mankato