CHASEBURG, Wis. -- A senior-to-be at Westby High School is killed in a crash Sunday afternoon.
Seventeen-year-old Kylie Von Ruden was driving west on Dodson Hollow Road when she lost control of her vehicle on a soft road shoulder, Sheriff John Spears says.
Von Ruden's vehicle went airborne and hit a large tree. The Coon Valley Fire Department used the Jaws of Life to get Von Ruden out of the vehicle.15567046
Von Ruden was taken to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse where she died later from her injuries.
Spears says Von Ruden was wearing a seatbelt, and it does not appear that alcohol, drugs or speed were involved in the crash.
This is Vernon County's eighth fatal crash this year.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently