CHASEBURG, Wis. -- A senior-to-be at Westby High School is killed in a crash Sunday afternoon.
Seventeen-year-old Kylie Von Ruden was driving west on Dodson Hollow Road when she lost control of her vehicle on a soft road shoulder, Sheriff John Spears says.
Von Ruden's vehicle went airborne and hit a large tree. The Coon Valley Fire Department used the Jaws of Life to get Von Ruden out of the vehicle.15567046
Von Ruden was taken to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse where she died later from her injuries.
Spears says Von Ruden was wearing a seatbelt, and it does not appear that alcohol, drugs or speed were involved in the crash.
This is Vernon County's eighth fatal crash this year.
- Poll shows lack of support of higher taxes for roads
- Poll shows most Wisconsinites oppose repealing health law
- Democrat Vinehout registers to run for governor
- Trump's approval rating worsens in Wisconsin
- Man who died during armed robbery identified
- Gov. Walker announces campaign to promote veteran-owned businesses
- Witnesses heard engine backfire before Wisconsin plane crash
- Shop owners, police stress firework safety and legality
- Walker approval rating at highest level since October 2014
- Fireworks Recalled due to burn and injury hazards