CHASEBURG, Wis. -- A senior-to-be at Westby High School is killed in a crash Sunday afternoon.
Seventeen-year-old Kylie Von Ruden was driving west on Dodson Hollow Road when she lost control of her vehicle on a soft road shoulder, Sheriff John Spears says.
Von Ruden's vehicle went airborne and hit a large tree. The Coon Valley Fire Department used the Jaws of Life to get Von Ruden out of the vehicle.15567046
Von Ruden was taken to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse where she died later from her injuries.
Spears says Von Ruden was wearing a seatbelt, and it does not appear that alcohol, drugs or speed were involved in the crash.
This is Vernon County's eighth fatal crash this year.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse