CHASEBURG, Wis. -- A senior-to-be at Westby High School is killed in a crash Sunday afternoon.
Seventeen-year-old Kylie Von Ruden was driving west on Dodson Hollow Road when she lost control of her vehicle on a soft road shoulder, Sheriff John Spears says.
Von Ruden's vehicle went airborne and hit a large tree. The Coon Valley Fire Department used the Jaws of Life to get Von Ruden out of the vehicle.15567046
Von Ruden was taken to Gundersen Lutheran in La Crosse where she died later from her injuries.
Spears says Von Ruden was wearing a seatbelt, and it does not appear that alcohol, drugs or speed were involved in the crash.
This is Vernon County's eighth fatal crash this year.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting