WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) -- West Bend police have dealt with two fatal heroin overdoses in less than a week.
Thirty-four-year-old Jennifer Kahut was found dead in her apartment from a heroin overdose last Wednesday. The next day, police arrested a 35-year-old man from West Bend and a 36-year-old Milwaukee man accused of supplying Kahut with heroin. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://bit.ly/XjvGLZ ) reports the men are being held on $45,000 bail.
On Saturday, 20-year-old Matthew Vickman was found dead in his room from a heroin overdose after his mother contacted police to say she couldn't contact her son. Later that day police arrested a 22-year-old West Bend man for allegedly supplying Vickman with heroin. Charges are pending.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- Mayo study proposes method to lower circumcision costs
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature