WEST BEND, Wis. (AP) -- West Bend police have dealt with two fatal heroin overdoses in less than a week.
Thirty-four-year-old Jennifer Kahut was found dead in her apartment from a heroin overdose last Wednesday. The next day, police arrested a 35-year-old man from West Bend and a 36-year-old Milwaukee man accused of supplying Kahut with heroin. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://bit.ly/XjvGLZ ) reports the men are being held on $45,000 bail.
On Saturday, 20-year-old Matthew Vickman was found dead in his room from a heroin overdose after his mother contacted police to say she couldn't contact her son. Later that day police arrested a 22-year-old West Bend man for allegedly supplying Vickman with heroin. Charges are pending.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies