LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community health is taking center stage in La Crosse this weekend.
Gundersen Health System is putting on its annual Wellness Fest Saturday at the La Crosse Center.
It's a chance for people to learn about ways to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
The free event offers a variety of resources from health screenings, to bike safety checks, and heath education from area providers. The event doesn't just focus on your physical health. Organizers said it covers a wide range of health topics.
"Everything from financial wellness to mental wellness to emotional, spiritual wellness, we have a little bit of all seven dimensions of wellness," said the Wellness Fest Wellness Education Specialist Shayna Schertz.
Wellness fest runs Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the La Crosse Center. Organizers are expecting more than 1,500 people at the event.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash