LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community health is taking center stage in La Crosse this weekend.
Gundersen Health System is putting on its annual Wellness Fest Saturday at the La Crosse Center.
It's a chance for people to learn about ways to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
The free event offers a variety of resources from health screenings, to bike safety checks, and heath education from area providers. The event doesn't just focus on your physical health. Organizers said it covers a wide range of health topics.
"Everything from financial wellness to mental wellness to emotional, spiritual wellness, we have a little bit of all seven dimensions of wellness," said the Wellness Fest Wellness Education Specialist Shayna Schertz.
Wellness fest runs Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the La Crosse Center. Organizers are expecting more than 1,500 people at the event.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Bipartisan proposal would eliminate publishing minutes
- House committee approves bill that would charge protesters
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups