LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Community health is taking center stage in La Crosse this weekend.
Gundersen Health System is putting on its annual Wellness Fest Saturday at the La Crosse Center.
It's a chance for people to learn about ways to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
The free event offers a variety of resources from health screenings, to bike safety checks, and heath education from area providers. The event doesn't just focus on your physical health. Organizers said it covers a wide range of health topics.
"Everything from financial wellness to mental wellness to emotional, spiritual wellness, we have a little bit of all seven dimensions of wellness," said the Wellness Fest Wellness Education Specialist Shayna Schertz.
Wellness fest runs Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the La Crosse Center. Organizers are expecting more than 1,500 people at the event.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota