WAUWATOSA, Wis. (AP) - Wisconsin authorities are looking into the death of a suburban Milwaukee police officer who was killed on duty.
Wauwatosa Lt. Gerald Witkowski says dispatchers unsuccessfully tried to reach Jennifer Lynn Sebena, 30, for a call about 3 a.m. Monday. He says officers started looking for her and found her dead with several gunshot wounds about 5 a.m. He didn't know if she inside or outside of her car.
Witkowski says the case is considered a homicide. Officers have no suspects.
Witkowski says Sebena enrolled in the police academy in January 2011 and began working solo in July. He says she was married and described her as a great person and officer.
Police are urging witnesses to come forward.
The state Justice Department's criminal investigation unit is helping in the investigation.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse