BALTIMORE, Md. (WKBT) - On June 28, News 8 This Morning Anchor Jennifer Livingston was honored as one of the United States Junior Chamber's Ten Outstanding Young Americans.
Livingston was honored for her efforts to encourage the community to rise above people who bully others and be more compassionate.
"We are better than the haters and we are better than the judgers and the only person who should be able to define me is me. The only person who should be able to define you is you," Livingston said during her speech in Baltimore, Maryland. "And if that's what makes me outstanding, I think that's so wonderful because every single person in this room has the ability to be outstanding."
Here's the complete Class of 2014 Ten Outstanding Young Americans:
- Amelia Rose Earhart, 31, Aviatrix; Founder/CEO, Fly With Amelia Foundation; Denver, CO
- Colmon Elridge, III, 32, Senior Advisor to the Governor of KY; Georgetown, KY
- Jennifer L. Livingston, 38, News Anchor, WKBT; La Crosse, WI
- Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr, 39, Entertainer; Logan, WV
- Lauren B. Beach, 30, Lawyer & PhD Candidate; Minneapolis, MN
- Lieutenant Commander Michael Files, 39, US Navy; Battle Creek, MI
- Michael Schultz, 32, Athlete; Founder, Inventor, Fabricator at Biodapt, Inc.; St. Cloud, MN
- Ruth Riley, 34, WNBA player; Miami Beach, FL
- Taryn Davis, 28, Founder, Executive Director, American Widow Project; Buda, TX
- Tevan Green, 36, President/CEO, Citadel Logic, LLC; Yorktown, VA
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charges following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income