MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Scott Walker plans to meet with the three major bond rating agencies during a trip to New York City.
Walker plans to meet Wednesday with Moody's Investors Services, Fitch Ratings and Standard and Poor's.
Walker says he plans to make a pitch to the agencies that Wisconsin's budget is on firmer ground after changes he pushed last year now require nearly all public workers to contribute more toward their pension and health care costs.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.