MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Scott Walker plans to meet with the three major bond rating agencies during a trip to New York City.
Walker plans to meet Wednesday with Moody's Investors Services, Fitch Ratings and Standard and Poor's.
Walker says he plans to make a pitch to the agencies that Wisconsin's budget is on firmer ground after changes he pushed last year now require nearly all public workers to contribute more toward their pension and health care costs.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks