MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Gov. Scott Walker says retiring Green Bay Packers receiver Donald Driver personally called him to invite him to his retirement celebration at Lambeau Field.
Walker is sporting a Packers tie for the event. He spoke about it Wednesday morning during a speech at a meeting of the Wisconsin Counties Association.
Walker says he was happy to accept Driver's invitation to attend the event. And he says if he didn't, "My 17-year-old would have killed me."
Driver announced his retirement Jan. 31 and the Packers distributed tickets to fans so they can hear the news directly from his mouth in the atrium at Lambeau Field.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse