MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Gov. Scott Walker's campaign says Democrat Tom Barrett is heading for a loss in the June 5 recall election.
Barrett won the Democratic primary on Tuesday. He will face Walker in a rematch of the 2010 race that Walker won by 5 points. Barrett also previously ran for governor in 2002 and lost in the Democratic primary.
Walker's deputy campaign manager Dan Blum issued a statement saying Barrett was about to enter his "third statewide losing campaign."
Blum says "Rather than Tom Barrett's path of taking Wisconsin back to the days of billion-dollar deficits, double-digit tax increases and record job loss, we are confident that voters will choose to stand with Governor Walker and move Wisconsin forward."
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom