LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A check presentation for WAFER escalated into plans for a larger donation.
An organization called "Massive Amounts of Good" put on a concert in September featuring former American Idol contestant Reed Grimm. The event raised $700 for the food pantry, but the organization wasn't done.
It reached out to Habitat for Humanity and the People's Food Co-op for another $1,300, and found an anonymous donor who would match up to $9,000.
The money raised will be used to give WAFER a much needed walk-in cooler. "I thought we were going to have a check presentation, but it just snowballed into so much more. I was wondering, oh wait, there's more, how much there would actually be. It was just outstanding," said WAFER Executive Dir. Erin Waldhart.
"Massive Amounts of Good" also contacted Westby Cooperative Creamery to become a new dairy donor for WAFER. Those donations may start next month.23002804
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building