LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - A check presentation for WAFER escalated into plans for a larger donation.
An organization called "Massive Amounts of Good" put on a concert in September featuring former American Idol contestant Reed Grimm. The event raised $700 for the food pantry, but the organization wasn't done.
It reached out to Habitat for Humanity and the People's Food Co-op for another $1,300, and found an anonymous donor who would match up to $9,000.
The money raised will be used to give WAFER a much needed walk-in cooler. "I thought we were going to have a check presentation, but it just snowballed into so much more. I was wondering, oh wait, there's more, how much there would actually be. It was just outstanding," said WAFER Executive Dir. Erin Waldhart.
"Massive Amounts of Good" also contacted Westby Cooperative Creamery to become a new dairy donor for WAFER. Those donations may start next month.23002804
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota