LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Runners are lacing up their shoes in preparation for the Festival Foods Grandad Half Marathon.
The annual event, which starts on top of Gandad Bluff, has more to offer besides the half-marathon.
There are a number of events to choose from, ranging from a 5k to bike races around the city.
Organizers say the event isn't possible to pull off without the help of volunteers and they're are still looking for more help come race day.
"The more, the better. We can never have too many volunteers helping out on the course. If we're full on the course, we always need help on the finish line. Riverside Park has lots of different venues down there so we can always use more," said the Grandad Half-Marathon Coordinator Jeff Weber.
The half marathon events are May 2nd and 3rd.
For more information on how to sign up or volunteer, check out festivalfoodsgrandadhalf.com.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Senate panel inches Sunday liquor sales forward
- Bipartisan support for Wisconsin bill helping terminally ill
- Walker's evangelical Alaskan cruise canceled
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- Vets warn eliminating prevailing wage will cost jobs