LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Runners are lacing up their shoes in preparation for the Festival Foods Grandad Half Marathon.
The annual event, which starts on top of Gandad Bluff, has more to offer besides the half-marathon.
There are a number of events to choose from, ranging from a 5k to bike races around the city.
Organizers say the event isn't possible to pull off without the help of volunteers and they're are still looking for more help come race day.
"The more, the better. We can never have too many volunteers helping out on the course. If we're full on the course, we always need help on the finish line. Riverside Park has lots of different venues down there so we can always use more," said the Grandad Half-Marathon Coordinator Jeff Weber.
The half marathon events are May 2nd and 3rd.
For more information on how to sign up or volunteer, check out festivalfoodsgrandadhalf.com.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified