LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Runners are lacing up their shoes in preparation for the Festival Foods Grandad Half Marathon.
The annual event, which starts on top of Gandad Bluff, has more to offer besides the half-marathon.
There are a number of events to choose from, ranging from a 5k to bike races around the city.
Organizers say the event isn't possible to pull off without the help of volunteers and they're are still looking for more help come race day.
"The more, the better. We can never have too many volunteers helping out on the course. If we're full on the course, we always need help on the finish line. Riverside Park has lots of different venues down there so we can always use more," said the Grandad Half-Marathon Coordinator Jeff Weber.
The half marathon events are May 2nd and 3rd.
For more information on how to sign up or volunteer, check out festivalfoodsgrandadhalf.com.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser