ONALASKA, Wis. - The impending blizzard didn't scare off one man from his commitment to helping our community.
Jason Mickelson is manning the Salvation Army's Red Kettle at Festival Foods in Onalaska and will be there for 24 hours.
He started at 4 Wednesday afternoon and will go through the night ringing the bell.17843700
Mickelson is a regular volunteer with the Salvation Army and says he couldn't think of a better way to help. However, it did take some extra preparation. "Sleep, drank a lot of caffeine, you know, just have a cheery attitude and every dollar counts, one dollar can make a difference," said Mickelson.
Mickelson hopes to raise $1200, equaling out to $50 an hour.
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests