ONALASKA, Wis. - The impending blizzard didn't scare off one man from his commitment to helping our community.
Jason Mickelson is manning the Salvation Army's Red Kettle at Festival Foods in Onalaska and will be there for 24 hours.
He started at 4 Wednesday afternoon and will go through the night ringing the bell.17843700
Mickelson is a regular volunteer with the Salvation Army and says he couldn't think of a better way to help. However, it did take some extra preparation. "Sleep, drank a lot of caffeine, you know, just have a cheery attitude and every dollar counts, one dollar can make a difference," said Mickelson.
Mickelson hopes to raise $1200, equaling out to $50 an hour.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather