LA CROSSE, Wis. - Many people are finding their own way to show support for the families of the victims in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
Jesse Mossholder, an education major at Viterbo University, has set-up a Facebook page titled "Letters to Newtown."
Click here to visit the page.
The whole idea is to give people the right address to send letters of support to Newtown, Connecticut.
Mossholder sent a hand-written letter and is encouraging friends and family to do the same. As an aspiring elementary school teacher, Mossholder says this tragedy just really hit close to home.
"I don't think there's any question this was devastating for a lot of people," said Mossholder.
"I work at Franklin Elementary School and I've been there for four and a half years. I work with a lot of kids in the same age group. Just knowing that happened in our country is just shocking to me," he added.
"It affected me quite a bit and it hasn't gotten off my mind so I thought I would do something about it."
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US