LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It was a hot and muggy morning for Viterbo students moving in to their dorms Friday at around 8:30 a.m.
To make it easier for them student volunteers and Viterbo staff helped with some of the heavy lifting. For first year students move in day can be a little overwhelming and to help the school works to make the day run as smooth as possible.
"We're happy that their here, they're happy but they're also a little bit nervous so we want to make sure they feel this is the place for them and help them with the transition because obviously this is a big transition in their lives," said Viterbo University Director of Residence Life Vickie Unsferth.
Move in day is a big transition for students coming out high school and part of that transition means meeting new people and making new friends.
"I know just a couple people from campus, but I'm just assuming the rest of the day will go a lot better and meeting a lot of people through the whole day," said Freshman Karla Anderson.
"It's really different from high school, obviously, but I'm just really excited to start a new chapter in my life," said Freshman Jessica Padron.
The students first day of class is this Monday.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Senate panel inches Sunday liquor sales forward
- Bipartisan support for Wisconsin bill helping terminally ill
- Walker's evangelical Alaskan cruise canceled
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- Vets warn eliminating prevailing wage will cost jobs