LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It was a hot and muggy morning for Viterbo students moving in to their dorms Friday at around 8:30 a.m.
To make it easier for them student volunteers and Viterbo staff helped with some of the heavy lifting. For first year students move in day can be a little overwhelming and to help the school works to make the day run as smooth as possible.
"We're happy that their here, they're happy but they're also a little bit nervous so we want to make sure they feel this is the place for them and help them with the transition because obviously this is a big transition in their lives," said Viterbo University Director of Residence Life Vickie Unsferth.
Move in day is a big transition for students coming out high school and part of that transition means meeting new people and making new friends.
"I know just a couple people from campus, but I'm just assuming the rest of the day will go a lot better and meeting a lot of people through the whole day," said Freshman Karla Anderson.
"It's really different from high school, obviously, but I'm just really excited to start a new chapter in my life," said Freshman Jessica Padron.
The students first day of class is this Monday.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp