RIVER FALLS, Wis. (AP) -- A vigil is planned Wednesday night for the three young sisters found dead in their home in River Falls.
Juli Matzke's 7-year-old daughter was in Girl Scouts with one of the sisters. Matzke describes the girl as an energetic, beautiful, little spirit who was taken too soon. She has created a Facebook page in the girls' honor. Matzke has also set up a vigil at Glen Park in River Falls at 7 p.m.
The bodies of the girls, ages 5 to 11, were found Tuesday afternoon when police were asked by their mother to check on their welfare. Officers say there was an odor of gas when they entered the house. Their father was arrested and remains in jail pending charges.
Court records show the mother and father were divorced last year.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure