RIVER FALLS, Wis. (AP) -- A vigil is planned Wednesday night for the three young sisters found dead in their home in River Falls.
Juli Matzke's 7-year-old daughter was in Girl Scouts with one of the sisters. Matzke describes the girl as an energetic, beautiful, little spirit who was taken too soon. She has created a Facebook page in the girls' honor. Matzke has also set up a vigil at Glen Park in River Falls at 7 p.m.
The bodies of the girls, ages 5 to 11, were found Tuesday afternoon when police were asked by their mother to check on their welfare. Officers say there was an odor of gas when they entered the house. Their father was arrested and remains in jail pending charges.
Court records show the mother and father were divorced last year.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Bushes' spokesman: George H.W., Barbara 'both on the upswing'
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Competency hearing sought for Iowan accused of voting twice