VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - The Vernon County Sheriff's Department received a $2,000 donation from Dairyland Power.
The company said the donation is not earmarked for a specific item or need, so the department can use it as they see fit for equipment or support services.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Department serves Dairyland's Genoa property, which includes a coal-fired generating station, shut-down nuclear facility and dry cask storage installation.
"In addition to their excellence in community protection and service, Dairyland is very appreciative of the time and effort the Vernon County Sheriff's Department expends to support security at the Genoa facility," said Brian Rude, vice president of external and member relations at Dairyland Power. "Through this donation, we hope to assist the Department by helping fund an item that supports their efforts to ensure safety in Vernon County."
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks