VERNON COUNTY, Wis. (WKBT) - The Vernon County Sheriff's Department received a $2,000 donation from Dairyland Power.
The company said the donation is not earmarked for a specific item or need, so the department can use it as they see fit for equipment or support services.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Department serves Dairyland's Genoa property, which includes a coal-fired generating station, shut-down nuclear facility and dry cask storage installation.
"In addition to their excellence in community protection and service, Dairyland is very appreciative of the time and effort the Vernon County Sheriff's Department expends to support security at the Genoa facility," said Brian Rude, vice president of external and member relations at Dairyland Power. "Through this donation, we hope to assist the Department by helping fund an item that supports their efforts to ensure safety in Vernon County."
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser