GENOA, Wis. -- A Vernon County Highway Department worker setting up construction signs is injured after a teen driver hits him with a car.
Gary Becker, 51 from La Farge, was behind a highway department truck with another worker setting up the signs Monday morning on Highway 56 in Genoa.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Department says Becker was hit in the back by the side mirror of a car driven by 17-year-old Jesse Olson of Gays Mills. Olson's car also hit the highway department truck.15576590
Becker had back and lower leg injuries, but did not ask for medical attention. Olson and the other highway department worker were not injured.
Investigators tell News 8 both highway department workers were wearing safety vests.
No citations have been issued, but the crash remains under investigation.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse