GENOA, Wis. -- A Vernon County Highway Department worker setting up construction signs is injured after a teen driver hits him with a car.
Gary Becker, 51 from La Farge, was behind a highway department truck with another worker setting up the signs Monday morning on Highway 56 in Genoa.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Department says Becker was hit in the back by the side mirror of a car driven by 17-year-old Jesse Olson of Gays Mills. Olson's car also hit the highway department truck.15576590
Becker had back and lower leg injuries, but did not ask for medical attention. Olson and the other highway department worker were not injured.
Investigators tell News 8 both highway department workers were wearing safety vests.
No citations have been issued, but the crash remains under investigation.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota governor eyes fast return to work after collapse
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child arrested in NY
- Section of riverbank collapses near City Hall in Des Moines
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore