HILLSBORO, Wis. (WKBT) - Two men are sent to the hospital following a single-vehicle crash in Vernon County Saturday night.
The Vernon County Sheriff's Office says 24-year-old Michael Antill of Hillsboro was driving south on Highway 80, just north of Beaver Creek Drive, when he lost control and went off the road. A passenger, 30-year-old Michael Hoeppner of Sullivan, was ejected as the vehicle rolled multiple times.
According to the Sheriff, the vehicle landed upright in the eastbound ditch. Both Antill and Hoeppner were taken to St. Joseph Hospital in Hillsboro. Antill was treated and released, while Hoeppner was later taken to Gundersen Health System, where he's being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
According to the report, Antill was wearing his seatbelt at the time of the crash, while it appears Hoeppner was not.
The Sheriff says alcohol was a factor in the crash, which is still under investigation.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers