VERNON CO., Wis. - Two men are facing drug charges after police found a "shake and bake" meth lab.
The Vernon Co. Sheriff's Department, along with the West Central Drug Task Force, arrested 22 year old Ura E. Gingerich of Cashton and 48 year old Lawrence Martin Ramsey of Sparta on Saturday.
Authorities were acting on a tip that the men were manufacturing methamphetamine. After further investigation, they found a "shake and bake" meth lab inside a 1999 black Mercury Cougar owned by Gingerich.
The sheriff's department says Gingerich has been manufacturing and redistributing meth for the last four months in Vernon Co. and the surrounding areas.
Charges have been referred to the Vernon Co. District Attorney's office.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns