MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents released the names of the three finalists considered for the UW System president.
The candidates include Raymond Cross, chancellor of the UW Colleges and Extension; Peter Garland, executive vice chancellor of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education; and Robert King, president of the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education.
Michael J. Falbo, president of the UW System Board of Regents, Regent Vice President Regina Millner and the Regent selection committee will interview finalists on Monday, January 6.
Each finalist will participate in a statewide public forum via videoconference, offering opportunities for faculty, staff, students and community members to interact with candidates and provide feedback.
After the interviews and public forums, the selection committee will convene on Tuesday, January 7. The committee's recommendation will be taken up by the full Board of Regents on Thursday, January 9 and the appointment will be announced after that meeting.
The person selected will be the UW System's seventh president. Kevin Reilly officially stepped down as president on Tuesday. He announced in July he would resign at the end of 2013 after taking intense criticism from Republican lawmakers for allowing system campuses to build massive reserves while raising tuition year after year.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure