MADISON, Wis. (AP) - University of Wisconsin System officials are moving closer to choosing outgoing President Kevin Reilly's successor.
A search committee is set to launch its first-round of candidate interviews via video conference on Thursday. System spokesman David Giroux said he didn't know how many candidates would be interviewed.
The committee will select up to five finalists and pass those names on to a selection committee, which will winnow the field to one person. The Board of Regents will then make the hiring decision.
Giroux said the candidates have requested their names not be made public. Wisconsin law requires the system to release the names of the finalists, however.
Regents President Michael Falbo has said he expects to release the names on Dec. 23 with final interviews set for early next month.
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local bar burglarized
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser
- Annual bridal expo prepares for wedding season
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area billion dollar company plans for joint venture