STEVENS POINT, Wis. (AP) -- The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point will celebrate Earth Day next week with a recycling seminar.
"Rethinking Recycling" is scheduled to run at the Specht Forum on campus from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday.
The event will feature a number of speakers. Representatives from companies and organizations that pick up electronic waste, cardboard, plastic, paper and other recyclables at the university will describe how the material is handled and answer audience questions. Organic chemist William Carroll will cap the day with a 7:30 p.m. presentation entitled "From Garbage to Stuff: How We Recycle Plastics."
Earth Day is set for Sunday, April 22. The university decided to celebrate it on Wednesday in hopes of boosting participation.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US