EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - The UW System's Board of Regents gives the green light to improvements to U-W La Crosse's Recreational Eagle Center.
The board voted in favor of building a new addition to the center Friday during their meeting at UW-Eau Claire.
The $8.6 million project would add 39,000 square feet to the complex, including more strength training space, locker rooms and multi-purpose rec rooms.
Construction is expected to begin sometime next summer and be completed in the fall of 2018.
The project still needs to be approved by the State Building Commission at its next meeting in December.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death