EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - The UW System's Board of Regents gives the green light to improvements to U-W La Crosse's Recreational Eagle Center.
The board voted in favor of building a new addition to the center Friday during their meeting at UW-Eau Claire.
The $8.6 million project would add 39,000 square feet to the complex, including more strength training space, locker rooms and multi-purpose rec rooms.
Construction is expected to begin sometime next summer and be completed in the fall of 2018.
The project still needs to be approved by the State Building Commission at its next meeting in December.
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- Wisconsin seeks to be first to drug test Medicaid applicants
- Minneapolis plastic bag ban could be blocked
- Fiserv CEO top paid executive in Wisconsin
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Top paid CEO in Minnesota is in health care industry
- Trump schedules Iowa visit _ his first as president
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- One week after storms, cleanup continues