EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (WKBT) - The UW System's Board of Regents gives the green light to improvements to U-W La Crosse's Recreational Eagle Center.
The board voted in favor of building a new addition to the center Friday during their meeting at UW-Eau Claire.
The $8.6 million project would add 39,000 square feet to the complex, including more strength training space, locker rooms and multi-purpose rec rooms.
Construction is expected to begin sometime next summer and be completed in the fall of 2018.
The project still needs to be approved by the State Building Commission at its next meeting in December.
- Wisconsin state schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- ‘Can we just go to jail?' suspected drunken driver asks police
- Bridge in Buffalo County collapses, causes car crash
- 3 children, semi driver injured in crash
- Wisconsin transportation officials to discuss audit
- LIVE Decorah Eagle Cam
- Green Bay's mayor survives removal petition
- State lawmakers fear backlash from giving themselves a raise
- Minnesota churches prepare to house immigrants