OSHKOSH, Wis. (AP) -- More than a dozen University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh business students will join a delegation from Mercury Marine next month on a trade mission to China and Korea.
It's the first overseas collaboration for UW-Oshkosh and Mercury Marine. The group will visit a number of manufacturing operations, suppliers and other industries in both countries in mid-May.
The university says the 15 business students will later make recommendations to Mercury executives on foreign-trade zone issues, transportation and other issues they learned about while on the trip.
UW-Oshkosh says the partnership with Mercury Marine will provide students with a unique global citizenship learning experience and firsthand knowledge of international business culture.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?