LA CROSSE, WI - UW-La Crosse has received the 2013 "Higher Education Excellence in Diversity" award from INSIGHT Into Diversity Magazine.
It's among 55 schools in the nation receiving this honor.
UW-L was selected based on its diversity programming, inclusion efforts, and retention of diverse students, faculty, and staff. "There's so much value added to learning and understanding how to be in a diverse world, it's not about necessarily even just La Crosse or UW-La Crosse, it's about the world," said Assoc. Dean for Campus Climate and Diversity Barbara Stewart.
UW-L will be featured in the November issue of the magazine.22519672
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser