LA CROSSE, WI - UW-La Crosse has received the 2013 "Higher Education Excellence in Diversity" award from INSIGHT Into Diversity Magazine.
It's among 55 schools in the nation receiving this honor.
UW-L was selected based on its diversity programming, inclusion efforts, and retention of diverse students, faculty, and staff. "There's so much value added to learning and understanding how to be in a diverse world, it's not about necessarily even just La Crosse or UW-La Crosse, it's about the world," said Assoc. Dean for Campus Climate and Diversity Barbara Stewart.
UW-L will be featured in the November issue of the magazine.22519672
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract