LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some UW-La Crosse coaches picked up some new skills Tuesday night. They served as Grill Warriors at HuHot in Valley View Mall for the second annual Coaches vs. Cancer.
It's a joint fundraising effort for the university's Relay for Life.
A portion of the restaurant's profits, along with the tips in the grilling jar, and a number of fundraisers in the dining hall will benefit cancer research.
A student organizer says not only is it a great cause to support, but it's fun to watch too. "It's always a lot of fun to see the coaches cooking on the hibachi grill. They try to flip the spatulas just like the chefs do," said Amanda Preissner.
All of the university's teams and coaches were invited to attend and participate.24170854
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract