LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some UW-La Crosse coaches picked up some new skills Tuesday night. They served as Grill Warriors at HuHot in Valley View Mall for the second annual Coaches vs. Cancer.
It's a joint fundraising effort for the university's Relay for Life.
A portion of the restaurant's profits, along with the tips in the grilling jar, and a number of fundraisers in the dining hall will benefit cancer research.
A student organizer says not only is it a great cause to support, but it's fun to watch too. "It's always a lot of fun to see the coaches cooking on the hibachi grill. They try to flip the spatulas just like the chefs do," said Amanda Preissner.
All of the university's teams and coaches were invited to attend and participate.24170854
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration