LA CROSSE, WI - More students are attending UW-La Crosse than any year in the last decade and a half. That's due in part to the largest freshmen class entering the university since 1986.
Chancellor Joe Gow made that announcement to all faculty and staff at a University Address Wednesday morning.
Gow says it will be a challenge to find housing for all of the students, but it's news for faculty members to celebrate. "That gives us a little bit more leeway in working with things like the compensation of our great faculty and staff, means the resources we have to make what we call equity adjustments to make their salaries more competitive," said Gow.21697402
Also boosting enrollment numbers is a growth in international students attending UW-L.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump