LA CROSSE, WI - More students are attending UW-La Crosse than any year in the last decade and a half. That's due in part to the largest freshmen class entering the university since 1986.
Chancellor Joe Gow made that announcement to all faculty and staff at a University Address Wednesday morning.
Gow says it will be a challenge to find housing for all of the students, but it's news for faculty members to celebrate. "That gives us a little bit more leeway in working with things like the compensation of our great faculty and staff, means the resources we have to make what we call equity adjustments to make their salaries more competitive," said Gow.21697402
Also boosting enrollment numbers is a growth in international students attending UW-L.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers