LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UW-La Crosse Chancellor Joe Gow flew with the Blue Angels in La Crosse on Wednesday morning.
Gow said a Navy recruiter on campus nominated him for the VIP flight experience.
Gow shared the GoPro video of his trip with News 8. His flight lasted about 40 minutes, but here are some of the highlights in the 6-minute video attached to this story:
00:00 "The canopy is coming down."
00:40 360-degrees slow roll, then fast
02:00 upside down
02:28 plane banking
03:10 2 loops
03:24 large loop
04:45 Gow views the UW-L campus
05:51 plane banking; 6.2Gs
The Blue Angels were practicing in La Crosse on Thursday for this weekend' Deke Slayton Airfest.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants