LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UW-La Crosse Chancellor Joe Gow flew with the Blue Angels in La Crosse on Wednesday morning.
Gow said a Navy recruiter on campus nominated him for the VIP flight experience.
Gow shared the GoPro video of his trip with News 8. His flight lasted about 40 minutes, but here are some of the highlights in the 6-minute video attached to this story:
00:00 "The canopy is coming down."
00:40 360-degrees slow roll, then fast
02:00 upside down
02:28 plane banking
03:10 2 loops
03:24 large loop
04:45 Gow views the UW-L campus
05:51 plane banking; 6.2Gs
The Blue Angels were practicing in La Crosse on Thursday for this weekend' Deke Slayton Airfest.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion