LA CROSSE, Wis. - Thousands of athletes and fans will soon make their way to La Crosse.
UW-La Crosse is hosting the 2013 D-3 Track and Field National Championships this week.
More than 800 athletes will compete over three days making it the largest D-3 national championship of the year.
This is the third time the university has hosted the event, but the first time in more than 15 years.
There are a lot of changes since the university last hosted the meet, including construction on the 16.5 million dollar Veterans Memorial Field Sports Complex. "It was a great meet back in the old stadium, but now with the facility that we have here, it's really just a wow factor and not a lot of places can say that they have a facility like this and hopefully when these student athletes and coaches walk in here in a couple days, they will be impressed," said meet director Kim Blum.20234186
Events kick off Thursday and run through Saturday.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- M.S. Walk raising money for medical research
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies