LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - It was a chance to get a warm meal and at the same time support the Coulee Region Humane Society.
UW-La Crosse's student television station WMCM hosted a chili cook-off fundraiser at the Eagles Nest in La Crosse on Saturday.
The chili was prepared by student groups on campus. For $5, people could to try all the chili and vote for their favorite dish. Student organizers hoped to raise more than $500 from the event.
They also want to remind people about another fundraiser next weekend.
"The television production department at UW-L, better known as WMCM-TV, has a very strong connection with the Coulee Region Humane Society and we're trying to build awareness that we're hosting a telethon next Saturday as well," said student organizer Nick Rytilahti.
The telethon airs Saturday, Nov. 23, on UW-L campus channel 6, Charter channel 96, and digital channel 989, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.23013652
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather