LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A UW-La Crosse student is in the intensive care unit at a local hospital after falling from the roof of a building near campus.
Witnesses said the 22-year-old had been drinking with friends at a nearby bar on Saturday. While walking home in an alley behind 1804 State Street in La Crosse he said, "I can get up there. I'll show you how I get up there" and then climbed to the top of the building, according to the La Crosse police report.
The man began to run around and witnesses told police they thought the victim didn't realize there was a gap between the two buildings and fell, hitting his head. When medical personnel arrived, they found him unconscious but breathing. He was taken to Mayo Clinic Health System Franciscan Healthcare in La Crosse.
The student's name has not been released at this time.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks